Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"What a Girl Wants" Wednesday

I realized recently that my blogs have always been filled to the brim with pictures of Wyatt, over-analysis of the not-so-happy things going on in my life, and many, many apologies about my lack of writing. As much as everyone loves a picture or two of a cute kid, it is beyond time I inject a little whimsy into this thing, if only for my own sake.

Meet "What a Girl Wants" Wednesdays. Every week (or so), I will list and detail the little things in life I would like to have, do, or achieve. Also included will be current obsessions in fashion, food, and entertainment.

Let the games begin.

Military boots. These can leave the blog list and enter reality this afternoon, when they will be delivered to my home (and my oh-so-lonely feet). I have always had quite the obsession with boots, a plight for a girl living in Central Florida, and there is just something about the "tough girl chic" look of a military inspired boot paired with leggings and a feminine floral dress that I just can't resist come fall.


Sheer tops. While the heat here in Florida does not necessarily lend itself to boots, it DOES, however, lend itself to lightweight sheer tops nearly year round. I may or may not have purchased three or four recently and still find myself lusting after this leopard print number.


Gold and coral nails. Quite the fun color combo, this screams "there's a party on my nails" to me. As a mother to a Tasmanian toddler/devil, I don't have the luxury of time to do such fancy sticker design nonsense, but I DO currently have gold nails with one coral accent nail on each hand. 


The Primal Blueprint. I already own the book, but what this girl wants is to put this plan into place. Not only am I trying to lose a few extra pounds (aren't we all, really), but I love the idea of implementing a lifestyle that encourages slowing down and simplifying to live like our ANCIENT ancestors, who were arguably some of the healthiest humans on earth. I DEFINITELY recommend this book to anyone trying not only to look better, but to feel better as well.


Seasonal veggies. Namely brussel sprouts. Can you believe that I lived my entire life without these delicious little cabbages until about three years ago? My mother HATES brussels and never let them in house, so I never had an opportunity to try them. Now they are one of my absolute favorite foods in the whole world. Unfortunately, getting them truly seasonally is hard down here because fall doesn't start until, like, December.


Avocados. Give me all of the avocados. In this new high-fat (the good ones), moderate-protein, low-carb diet known as paleo, I find myself eating at least a half of an avocado every day. I can't get enough. Did you know that they are delicious outside of guacamole? In the three weeks since changing my eating habits, I have noticed extremely clear skin and luxurious hair as an unexpected (and very welcome) side effect. Find me an avocado, and I'll show you an empty shell.


Vacation. It's been a while. When Jason asked me a few days ago if I would like to go the beach for a few nights next week, my reaction was an automatic, enthusiastic "Yes!" Instead of our usual stay in our friends' cute beach cottage though, we chose to book a room on the beach, but still ten minutes from Historic St. Augustine. As much as we all love the beach, time there is limited and exhausting with a toddler, so I am excited to be able to walk around during the afternoons and explore the little sights in one of my favorite places. 


Molars. Okay, okay. I know I just got done saying that all I post are pictures of this guy. But seriously, did you really think I would leave him out? In all honesty, Wyatt is in teething hell right now, so what this girl REALLY wants is for his pearly whites to break on through so we can get back to our normal, happy, playful thing. It's how we like him.










No comments:

Post a Comment