Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It is hot.

It probably comes as no surprise to anyone reading that summers in Central Florida are hot (not to mention, oppressively humid). I have to mentally prepare myself to venture outdoors between the months of June and September, because it is truly a chore. That chore is multiplied when it comes to getting a toddler the necessary run-around time in the fresh air.

I'll admit it has been my weak spot. I don't get Wyatt outside nearly as much as I should these days, but truthfully, it's exhausting. The sunscreen, the protective clothing, the bugspray, filling juice and water cups, shoes, making sure (again) there is enough water; before you know it, you have spent forty-five minutes just preparing to walk out the door, and you are BEAT. Forget the heat.

The exciting prospect of having the next five days off, however, made me a bit more adventurous this morning. Grabbing my brand-spanking-new camera, we headed to the backyard for some fun (and photo opportunities, of course). You know what? It wasn't THAT bad. Sure, I was drenched in sweat by the time we headed back in, but in an hour we played in the sandbox, explored the "enchanted" (read: overgrown) side yard, blew bubbles, and discovered Daddy's baseball bat.














Worth every mosquito bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment