Friday, May 25, 2012

Wyatt meets watermelon.

One of the greatest lessons I have learned about parenting is to take even the smallest of victories when you can get them.

Anyone who knows Wyatt has probably heard me describe him as a picky eater. Getting my boog to eat anything other than jarred baby food (which I should have NEVER introduced) or crunchy snacks has been a major struggle for us. I have done my best to be patient and give Wyatt the time he needs to get comfortable, but it is definitely frustrating at times.

Once a week or so, I will feel inspired to introduce a new solid for him to try. It usually ends up with him spitting it out, shaking his head, and throwing said food on the floor. Who knew a fourteen-month-old could be so fiercely opinionated? This week, I decided to give watermelon a go. Why not? We had three full ziploc bags of it leftover from Jason's party, and I am getting pretty tired of it already. He LOVED it! Like, shoveling-multiple-pieces-in-his-mouth-at-a-time kind of love. Like, stealing my watermelon out of MY bowl kind of love. I could not be more thrilled.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Wyatt and watermelon.





No comments:

Post a Comment