Thursday, May 31, 2012

What to do, what to do.

This afternoon my very sweet husband is giving me a couple hours off from mommy duty to...well,to do whatever I would like. I don't even know what to do with myself. It's something that is so rare for most of us mothers that it's hard to even remember what we used to do BC (before child).

I do know that I need it, though. Wyatt spent three days in full-on teething hell. He was running fevers, snot nosed, and cranky as could be. He couldn't stand for me to leave his side. So I didn't. I cuddled. I consoled. I was pinned down on the couch for hours at a time while he napped through the pain. By 7pm last night, I felt like I had run some sort of mommy marathon. I need a break.

It will probably just be a few small errands and a Starbucks coffee, but hell, after the past couple of days, that is just the kind of two hour vacation I need.


No comments:

Post a Comment